GentleDopyPoo

Default Splitting Cells

Hi,

I have a table and I would like to split one of the cells with 1 column and
2 rows. However Word keeps on saying "The number must be a divisor of 3".
How can I resolve this problem? I only need two rows in this cell not 3.

Thanks,
Helen
kathryngriffin1962

Take a look across the row containing the cell you wish to split into two
rows. I'll bet you have a cell with 3 rows in it. What you can do in this
case is split the cell into 6 rows and merge the top 3 together and the
bottom three together.

Also, if the rows in the other cells are of different heights, the rows in
your newly split cell will reflect those heights. You may have to wind up
splitting your new rows again and merging the rows above and below where you
actually want the split to be. Clear as mud?

Splitting cells hmilligan Tables 1 May 11th 05 01:20 AM
Sum Above table with merged cells in Word 2003 Lynn Taylor Microsoft Word Help 2 March 25th 05 02:37 PM
Row Breaks w/Merged Cells Redglide90 Tables 1 December 22nd 04 08:03 PM
Is there a bug when splitting cells in a Word Table? Johnc0910 Tables 0 December 20th 04 06:15 PM
Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP) Jaykay Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:16 AM