Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newcomer Newcomer is offline

Default Why can't I get my Avery J8160 labels to line up?

I wish to print some Avery J8160 labels. Everytime I set up the page by
selecting Avery J8160 and then put the sheet of labels in the last three
lines miss the labels - they come to high. The last column also starts too
soon and the first few letters of each line are missing the label.

I have printed these labels previously but have never had a problem, it only
seems to have started recently.

Help.
BPL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Check that the printer and the page setup are both set to the same paper
size and that you have no scaling option set in the print dialog.

Newcomer wrote:
I wish to print some Avery J8160 labels. Everytime I set up the page
by selecting Avery J8160 and then put the sheet of labels in the last
three lines miss the labels - they come to high. The last column
also starts too soon and the first few letters of each line are
missing the label.

I have printed these labels previously but have never had a problem,
it only seems to have started recently.

Help.
BPL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newcomer Newcomer is offline

Hi Graham

Thanks for replying - yes I have checked the page setup and paper size are
the same and also made sure that I had 'no scaling' option set in the print
dialog. It did not work with this set up so I tried it by chaning the
scaling to A4 but that didn't work either. Anyway I managed to get the
labels on the page in the end by moving the margins and set up on the ruler
bar. I will not be needing to use the labels again for a while so I will see
how it goes next time and keep my fingers crossed that when the printer has
had a rest it will perform correctly. Once again thank you.

Brenda

Create Avery labels? The Hun New Users 1 February 9th 06 04:33 PM
avery labels are not formatting correctly in MS Word 2003 Stephanie Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 06 09:20 PM
Looking for a Word Template for Avery Labels 5351, 5354, or 5332. Al at MEC Mailmerge 1 December 15th 05 07:38 PM
Word 2003 fails to set up Avery labels accurately, why??? TerenceR Microsoft Word Help 1 May 25th 05 09:50 PM
Labels Avery 8160 caroline New Users 3 March 8th 05 06:40 AM