Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
allened allened is offline

Default Table of contents not functioning in a mailmerge file

I created a Word merge template in report format that includes a Table of
Contents (TOC). The data elements are all in Excel. The merge works
perfectly, with one exception. Once I perform the merge to "a new document",
my TOC won't function in the merged file. The initial merge will show the
page numbers, but when I print or save, they all revert to "Error! Bookmark
not defined" and F9 won't work either in the merged file In the newly
merged document, the page numbers' hyperlink in the TOC (that can't be
updated) only moves the cursor to the beginning of the first document and
not to the corresponding page in the document. I have tried Ctrl+Shft+F9,
but all that does is convert my TOC to text and not to a TOC that functions
properly.

Any ideas for making the TOC work in a Merged file? Thanks.