Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Angella W. Angella W. is offline

Default MS Word 2007 freezes

I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have to
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lariveesl[_2_] lariveesl[_2_] is offline

Bless you! I was browsing through the postings today and came upon this
one. I followed your link and saw the entry about Word starting slowly. I
am using Word 2003, on Win Xp. My Word has been very slow for a couple of
years!!!! I renamed Normal.dot to Normal.old, restarted Word, and I could
not get over the increased speed.

And to think that my wife wanted me to do yard work today!!!!!

Thanks again for the tip.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Angella W.[_2_] Angella W.[_2_] is offline

Terry, you're THE BEST! After talking to Dell, and searching through MS, I
found no solution at all. I followed some suggestions on the link you
provided and Word is working like a charm! THANK YOU! )

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OhOkay OhOkay is offline

I am having a problem with Word 2007 freezing while typing. Many times,
while typing, I notice the words are very slow appearing on my screen. I
type fast and this is extremely annoying. I checked out the website didnt
seem to find anything about the characters freezing or being extremely slow
while typing. I am using Windows Vista and installed office 2007 about year
ago. The problem is getting worse. I have to keep closing and opening Word.
I asked several other family members and they have the same problem. Any
solutions? Suggestions?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So have you read and followed the advice in the FAQ?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were
working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then
have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS.
I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Angella W.[_2_] Angella W.[_2_] is offline

Hello Terry! I hope you're still readin'! I'm beginning to think that the
problem is with my entire Office Suite. My MS Word still works like a charm,
but I've now tried to open an Excel file and it's doing the very same thing.
My Outlook works, but my PowerPoint is very slow as well. I've uninstalled
and reinstalled the Suite, all to no avail. Is there by chance a similar fix
for Excel (and other Office apps) when having this problem?

Angella

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The one issue that links Word, Excel and PPt is that they all need to see a
compatible printer driver set as the Windows default.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were
working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then
have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS.
I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Angella W.[_2_] Angella W.[_2_] is offline

Terry, a printer driver can actually slow down or prevent an app from
running? If so, how do I unify the Suite with the driver?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Angella W." Angella wrote in message
I purchased my Dell with pre-loaded MS 2007. All of my apps were
working
perfectly fine until about two weeks ago. Now, when I try to open MS
Word,
either to create a new doc, or to edit another, it freezes. I then
have
close the application, only to continue to send the problem to MS.
I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the application with no results. Any
suggestions
as to why this is happening? All of my other Office Apps work just
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'm not sure what you mean by unify. All you need to do is to install a
compatible printer driver and set it as the Windows default printer. Than
all apps will see the printer correctly.

Terry