Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Outline Numbered Headings - Spacing

Is there any way to control the spacing between the number and the
heading itself?

In Indesign, I can set up the formatting such that

I. STARTS HERE
2. STARTS IN THE SAME PLACE
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes, of course. With the cursor in the Heading, you will see on the Ruler
the tab stop where the title text aligns: drag that along to where you want
it to start. Then Modify the Style using the 'Update Heading to Match
Selection' so that all instances of that style will propagate throughout the
document. If you want to always use that style, then Modify the Style and
make sure to select 'New documents based on this template'.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP