Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graeme Wright Graeme Wright is offline

Default Word 2007 Beta - shortcut menus.

Does any one know how to add to short cut menus in Word 2007. I had Paste
Special added to a lot of Word 2003 shortcut menues to facilitate pasting
quickly in the non-opreferred format. I can find how to add to the Quick
access menu but not to the shortcut (right click) menus.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

You can't without VBA programming.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Graeme Wright" wrote in
message :

Does any one know how to add to short cut menus in Word 2007. I had Paste
Special added to a lot of Word 2003 shortcut menues to facilitate pasting
quickly in the non-opreferred format. I can find how to add to the Quick
access menu but not to the shortcut (right click) menus.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graeme Wright Graeme Wright is offline

Patrick
it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has removed from
a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my case was used frequently.
It would seem that the Customisation screen could have included a drop down
for other menus rather than just the quick access menu. regards

Graeme

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

You can't without VBA programming.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Graeme Wright" wrote in
message :

Does any one know how to add to short cut menus in Word 2007. I had Paste
Special added to a lot of Word 2003 shortcut menues to facilitate pasting
quickly in the non-opreferred format. I can find how to add to the Quick
access menu but not to the shortcut (right click) menus.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Customization was cut across the board. Right-click menus were just one
of the victims. The following blog post explains the official MS point
of view on customization in Office 2007:
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...27/648269.aspx

Patrick Schmid
--------------

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

You can't without VBA programming.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Graeme Wright" wrote in
message :

Does any one know how to add to short cut menus in Word 2007. I had Paste
Special added to a lot of Word 2003 shortcut menues to facilitate pasting
quickly in the non-opreferred format. I can find how to add to the Quick
access menu but not to the shortcut (right click) menus.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Graeme,

it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has removed from
a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my case was used frequently.
It would seem that the Customisation screen could have included a drop down
for other menus rather than just the quick access menu.

A lot of people agree with you... :-)

FWIW, if you make the customizations in a Word 2003 document or template and
bring it forward into 2007, the customizations should still be there. Right now,
an earlier version of Word is the best way for an end-user to make
customizations in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[1ponders] [1ponders] is offline

Hi, long time word user, first time needer of this discussion group.

I was going to have a bit of a vent at why MS would change one of the best
customization in word, but I will take a very deep breath and move one. (Not
happy at all!!!!)

Cindy, how do you bring the customization forward to word 2007 when the
office program removes the previous version when it is installed? If I have a
2003 still installed on another machine is it possible to transfer from one
machine to another some how?

Thanks
Paul

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Graeme,

it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has removed from
a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my case was used frequently.
It would seem that the Customisation screen could have included a drop down
for other menus rather than just the quick access menu.

A lot of people agree with you... :-)

FWIW, if you make the customizations in a Word 2003 document or template and
bring it forward into 2007, the customizations should still be there. Right now,
an earlier version of Word is the best way for an end-user to make
customizations in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

You can CUSTOMISE on install instead of choosing INSTALL - and retain 2003
except Outlook - only 1 version of Outlook is allowed. Otherwise you can run
2003 and 2007 Word Excel PowerPoint Access Publisher with Outlook 2007
concurrently.

There is also a great add-in called RibbonCustomizer from Patrick Schmid MVP
you might like to try which you might like to enable you to customize the
Ribbon interface.

http://ribboncustomizer.com

Hope this helps.

"[1ponders]" wrote in message
Hi, long time word user, first time needer of this discussion group.

I was going to have a bit of a vent at why MS would change one of the best
customization in word, but I will take a very deep breath and move one.
(Not
happy at all!!!!)

Cindy, how do you bring the customization forward to word 2007 when the
office program removes the previous version when it is installed? If I
have a
2003 still installed on another machine is it possible to transfer from
one
machine to another some how?

Thanks
Paul

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Graeme,

it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has removed
from
a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my case was used
frequently.
It would seem that the Customisation screen could have included a drop
down
for other menus rather than just the quick access menu.

A lot of people agree with you... :-)

FWIW, if you make the customizations in a Word 2003 document or template
and
bring it forward into 2007, the customizations should still be there.
Right now,
an earlier version of Word is the best way for an end-user to make
customizations in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You save the customizations in a template on the 2003 machine, just
copy that template to the 2007 machine via network or USB drive or
whatever.

If the customizations are specific to documents based on the template,
you can just put the template in the User Templates folder and use it
from the New File dialog as in earlier versions. If the customizations
should apply to all documents, place the template in Word's Startup
folder, which by default is

%appdata%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

That will make Word load the template as an add-in.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:49:01 -0700, [1ponders]
wrote:

Hi, long time word user, first time needer of this discussion group.

I was going to have a bit of a vent at why MS would change one of the best
customization in word, but I will take a very deep breath and move one. (Not
happy at all!!!!)

Cindy, how do you bring the customization forward to word 2007 when the
office program removes the previous version when it is installed? If I have a
2003 still installed on another machine is it possible to transfer from one
machine to another some how?

Thanks
Paul

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Graeme,

it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has removed from
a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my case was used frequently.
It would seem that the Customisation screen could have included a drop down
for other menus rather than just the quick access menu.

A lot of people agree with you... :-)

FWIW, if you make the customizations in a Word 2003 document or template and
bring it forward into 2007, the customizations should still be there. Right now,
an earlier version of Word is the best way for an end-user to make
customizations in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Mitchell Bill Mitchell is offline

M$ has officially lost their collective minds. They got rid of one of the
best, most useful features of MS in favor of what, the "Quick Access Toolbar"?

Seriously, do you have to be a certifiable moron to work at M$?

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

"Graeme Wright" wrote:

Does any one know how to add to short cut menus in Word 2007. I had Paste
Special added to a lot of Word 2003 shortcut menues to facilitate pasting
quickly in the non-opreferred format. I can find how to add to the Quick
access menu but not to the shortcut (right click) menus.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If required, see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm where that
is explained in greater depth.

Jay Freedman wrote:
[...]

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Graeme,

it answers the question but does not explain why Microsoft has
removed from a very satisfactoy process in Word 2003 which in my
case was used frequently. It would seem that the Customisation
screen could have included a drop down for other menus rather than
just the quick access menu.

A lot of people agree with you... :-)

FWIW, if you make the customizations in a Word 2003 document or
template and bring it forward into 2007, the customizations should
still be there. Right now, an earlier version of Word is the best
way for an end-user to make customizations in Word 2007.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005) http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)