Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan

Default Reviewing and markup function in Word 2003

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or make disappear the reviewing markup
feature in Word. I don't use it, don't want to have to remove the correction
history after I edit. I don't want to ever see it again. Help Thanks Stan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill M

Stan,

I ran into the same problem just this morning. Every time I pulled up 2
specific documents, they came up showing the "markup". I found the fix in F1
help, but here it is:

1. Open the document.
2. If it is not already showing, show the "Reviewing" toolbar.
3. Select "Final". It probably shows "Final with Markup".
4. Now, go to "Tools" on the word menu.
5. From the Tools menu drop down, select "Options".
6. From the Options menu, select the "Security" tab.
7. On the Security tab, UNCHECK the box to the left of the "Make hidden
markup visible when opening or saving" field, which is towards the bottom of
the dialog box.
8. Save the document.
9. Close the document and re-open. It should open normally now.

NOTE: If you find that this box is -not- checked, I found that you have to
check it, save the document, close and re-open the document, then uncheck it,
save the document and re-open to fix. This is on a "Per Document" basis, so
you will have to perform these procedures for every document you have that is
doing this.

Hope this helps. :-)
--
Bill M

"Stan" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or make disappear the reviewing markup
feature in Word. I don't use it, don't want to have to remove the correction
history after I edit. I don't want to ever see it again. Help Thanks Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Stan, please note that the instructions Bill provides do NOT remove the
markup or turn off Track Changes. To really solve the problem, you must turn
Track Changes off and Accept All Changes in Document. Anything less just
hides the markup; if you send the document to someone else, he/she can still
see all the markup.

For more on this, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

"Stan" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or make disappear the reviewing

markup
feature in Word. I don't use it, don't want to have to remove the

correction
history after I edit. I don't want to ever see it again. Help Thanks

Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan

Thanks and the referenses are helpful but what I'm really looking for is to
not have to deal with the track change/markup/review function at all. Is
there any way to shut it off so it's like it's not even there or delete that
function from word 2003 entirely. The more I read about all the aspect of
this function that have to be considered just to type and send a document the
more I don't want to deal with it . thanks for all the help -this is my first
post on any site. Stan
--
Stan

"Stan" wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or make disappear the reviewing

markup
feature in Word. I don't use it, don't want to have to remove the

correction
history after I edit. I don't want to ever see it again. Help Thanks

Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you never turn Track Changes on or insert comments, you should never see
any markup or the Reviewing toolbar unless you open a document someone else
has sent you that contains markup.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Stan, please note that the instructions Bill provides do NOT remove the
markup or turn off Track Changes. To really solve the problem, you must

turn
Track Changes off and Accept All Changes in Document. Anything less just
hides the markup; if you send the document to someone else, he/she can

still
see all the markup.

For more on this, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html