Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
halsteadrlh

Default Files hidden from view

I have saved some .doc files which do not show in explorer. I can find
them using search and can then open them once I locate them. I am using
Office 2003. Any suggestions will be much appreciated

--
halsteadrlhPosted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Galen

In ,
halsteadrlh had this to say:

I have saved some .doc files which do not show in explorer. I can find
them using search and can then open them once I locate them. I am
using Office 2003. Any suggestions will be much appreciated

When you find 'em again, right click on them, select properties, and untick
the hidden attribute. Else check to see if their containing folder is set to
be hidden. If still no luck then, well, show 'em all?

Showing Hidden Files:
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/genera...den_files.html

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"We approached the case, you remember, with an absolutely blank mind,
which is always an advantage. We had formed no theories. We were simply
there to observe and to draw inferences from our observations." -
Sherlock Holmes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:48:31 +0530, halsteadrlh
wrote:

I have saved some .doc files which do not show in explorer. I can find
them using search and can then open them once I locate them. I am using
Office 2003. Any suggestions will be much appreciated

In Windows Explorer, go to Tools Folder Options View. Click the
option for "Show hidden files and folders".

While you're there, if the box for "Hide extensions for known file
types" is checked, it's a good idea to uncheck it. Microsoft thought
it would make the file list less cluttered, but it gives viruses a
good way to hide themselves.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman