Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveK

Default Papyrus Font

Two separate issues:

My wife works in OS X. I have XP. She is working on a Word doc with tje
Papyrus font. I asked her to pass me the font and she collected together
three fonts that don't have extentions:

PapyrICG
Papyrus ICG
Papyrus ICG TT

I can not open any of them on my PC. Isn't there some sort of
compatibility now between OS X and XP?

So I searched for the internet for Papyrus.ttf and found a site with free
downloads and downloaded that file and dragged it into the Fonts folder.

In Word 2003 I see the font listed when I pull down the list of fonts and on
casual examination it looks like the Papyrus font she is using. But when I
select it from the pulldown and place it in the document it comes in as
Times New Roman.

What is going on?

STeveK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The Papyrus font is supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office
2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional
Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 98, Picture It!
99, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, and Works 2002. If you have any of these
products, you should be able to install it from the application CD. When
installed, it will show up in your Fonts folder as PAPYRUS.TTF (there are no
bold, italic, or bold italic variants). You should remove/uninstall the
fonts you copied from your wife's computer.

If this doesn't help, try posting in the microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
newsgroup.

"SteveK" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteveK

Unfortunately I am using Office XP, which you don't list. Oh well.

SteveK

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The Papyrus font is supplied with Greetings 99, Home Publishing 99, Office
2000 Premium, Office 97 Small Business Edition SR2, Office Professional
Edition 2003, PhotoDraw 2000, Picture It! 2000, Picture It! 98, Picture
It!
99, Publisher 2000, Publisher 98, and Works 2002. If you have any of these
products, you should be able to install it from the application CD. When
installed, it will show up in your Fonts folder as PAPYRUS.TTF (there are
no
bold, italic, or bold italic variants). You should remove/uninstall the
fonts you copied from your wife's computer.

If this doesn't help, try posting in the
microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
newsgroup.

so
all may benefit.