Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kh casa kh casa is offline

Default CLView can't display help

I get the following error message every time I try to use the Help function
in MS Word 2007: CLView can't display help. Windows Installer error 33. MS
Office help View There are no topics. Set up error: Set up controller has
encountered a problem during install. Please review log files for further
information on the error
I am using Windows XP Version 2002 SP 2. I searched online for a solution,
but I could not find one that worked for me. So, could any one help me out?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The first thing to try is probably Office Button Word Options Resources
tab Microsoft Office Diagostics and see if Word (or Office) can repair
itself.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"kh casa" wrote in message
I get the following error message every time I try to use the Help function
in MS Word 2007: CLView can't display help. Windows Installer error 33.
MS
Office help View There are no topics. Set up error: Set up controller has
encountered a problem during install. Please review log files for further
information on the error
I am using Windows XP Version 2002 SP 2. I searched online for a solution,
but I could not find one that worked for me. So, could any one help me
out?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

"kh casa" wrote in message
I get the following error message every time I try to use the Help function
in MS Word 2007: CLView can't display help. Windows Installer error 33.
MS
Office help View There are no topics. Set up error: Set up controller has
encountered a problem during install. Please review log files for further
information on the error
I am using Windows XP Version 2002 SP 2. I searched online for a solution,
but I could not find one that worked for me. So, could any one help me
out?
Thank you.

Have installed Office 2007 and have similar problems with the €˜help functions. Outlook help now works ok but don't how it resolved itself, but the other suites come up with these errors. I suspect that the help module is not initialised properly on first use?

Office 2007 €“ Fully patched
XP €“ Fully patched.
Office Diagnostics €“ No problems Identified.
Office Repair €“ No problems identified.

Using €˜help produces the following messages:

The setup controller has encountered a problem during install. Please
review the log files for further information on the error.
Click ok
ClView cant display help.
CLView cannot install the necessary files due to Windows installer error 33.
The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a
portion of the file.
Click ok
There are no help topics that match your request.

This is a typical log (found in temp):

SetupExe(20080411174900F60).log

PERF: TickCount=6391270 Name=OBootStrapper::Run Description=Begin function
Operating System version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2. Platform ID: 2
Running on a 32-bit operating system.
Command line: C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\OFFICE~1\SE TUP.EXE
-Embedding
Parsing command line.
Running SETUPEXE as a COM server.
Using setup controller dll at location
[C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup00000f60\OSET UP.DLL].
Verify file signature in
"C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\OFFICE~1\S ETUP.EXE"
Verify file signature in
"C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup00000f60\OSE TUP.DLL"
Using setup controller dll at
[C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\Setup00000f60\OSET UP.DLL].
PERF: TickCount=6392071 Name=OBootStrapper::Run Description=Calling RunSetup
Opening log file
C:\DOCUME~1\Steve\LOCALS~1\Temp\SetupExe(200804111 74900F60).log.
PERF: TickCount=6392071 Name=RunSetup Description=Begin function
Catalyst execution began: 04/11/2008 17:49:00.
Setup COM Server Session: ConfigureOption.
Error: Multiple ARP entries found for product
'{90120000-001B-0409-0000-0000000FF1CE}': PROPLUSR PROPLUSR Type:
InvalidData.
Showing parent-less message Title: 'Setup Error', Message: 'The setup
controller has encountered a problem during install. Please review the log
files for further information on the error.'
Message returned: 1
Error stopping OSE, error 0x81000001
Catalyst execution finished: 04/11/2008 17:49:03. Return code: 0.
PERF: TickCount=6395496 Name=RunSetup Description=End function

F1 = CLView can't Display Help? Why CRPaquette Microsoft Word Help 2 June 30th 07 01:02 AM
outlook display name longivas Microsoft Word Help 2 May 18th 07 12:19 PM
Display Rock Microsoft Word Help 1 August 5th 06 02:04 PM
Help will not display Runner Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 06 12:30 PM
display of embedded graphics lags, sometimes they will not display kl Microsoft Word Help 1 December 21st 05 08:09 PM