Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Soccerman58

Default Having Problem creating a chapter title that starts off header #

Hi
I have tried to use the online help for this one, but without apparent
success.

I need to create a Chapter Title format that looks like Chapter 1, Chapter 2
and so on. But it needs to trigger the numbering for the headings throughout
the chapter:

1.1 Introduction
1.2 Audience
1.2.1 New Users

2.1 Software Guide
2.1.1 Compiling software
2.1.2 Native Compiling

and so on.

I had some success modifying some old formats/styles in a previous doc, but
I think it would be better to start clean because trying to modify existing
styles is not having the desired effects in this particular document. I don't
know when what I am doing is right or wrong, so it is useless as I am not
learning anything.
Thanks
Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html for
instructions on setting up outline numbering. Your chapter numbers will be
your Level 1 numbering (and "Chapter" will be part of the number format). If
you select the last pane in the Outline Numbered list gallery, "Chapter 1"
will be set up for you already, and you'll just need to set up the lower
levels to include the higher-level numbering.