Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
news.microsoft.com

Default Removing markup from a document

I have a document that has lots of markup on it.

1.) I know you can hide the markup, thugh is there a way to completely
delete it so noone viewing the document in the future will be able to see
it?

2.) I am currently going through the markup and deleting it one piece at a
time. Some bubbles on the far right hand side with the comments in them when
deleted also delete the body text it refers to?

3.) Is there a way to make the suggested changes in the body of the paper
become actual body text? Currently it displays as red text with an
underline. Rather than having to type it over again I would like to convert
it to body text.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You can permanently remove the markup by accepting all changes (and turning
off track changes).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"news.microsoft.com" wrote in message
I have a document that has lots of markup on it.

1.) I know you can hide the markup, thugh is there a way to completely
delete it so noone viewing the document in the future will be able to see
it?

2.) I am currently going through the markup and deleting it one piece at a
time. Some bubbles on the far right hand side with the comments in them
when
deleted also delete the body text it refers to?

3.) Is there a way to make the suggested changes in the body of the paper
become actual body text? Currently it displays as red text with an
underline. Rather than having to type it over again I would like to
convert
it to body text.

Thanks for any help!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
news.microsoft.com

How do you accept all changes?

Can my question #3 be done?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

On the Reviewing toolbar, find the button whose tooltip says "Accept
Change". On the right side of that button is a down arrow. Click that,
and on the resulting dropdown menu click "Accept All Changes in
Document". That takes care of both #1 and #3.

For #2, are you really talking about a "comment", as in the command
Insert Comment, or do you mean a tracked change? If the balloon
refers to a tracked change that's a deletion, then accepting the
change will remove the deleted text from the document. That's the way
it's supposed to work.

If it is indeed a comment that you're removing, it shouldn't remove
the highlighted text. How did you remove the balloon?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 14 May 2006 16:11:45 -0700, "news.microsoft.com"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
news.microsoft.com

"For #2, are you really talking about a "comment", as in the command
Insert Comment, or do you mean a tracked change?"

I think a tracked change.

" If the balloon refers to a tracked change that's a deletion, then
accepting the
change will remove the deleted text from the document. That's the way
it's supposed to work."

How can I tell the difference between a tracked change ballon and a Comment
balloon?

If it is indeed a comment that you're removing, it shouldn't remove
the highlighted text. How did you remove the balloon?

Some balloons allow me to select them and delete them; other balloons will
not delete at all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

"news.microsoft.com" wrote:
How can I tell the difference between a tracked change ballon and a
Comment balloon?

If you use the "Accept All Changes" and "Reject All Comments" toolbar
buttons as Suzanne and I recommended, then it doesn't matter which
balloons are which.

If you're removing individual changes and comments, it should be
pretty obvious which are which: The comment balloons start with the
word "Comment" and have a shaded background, while the change balloons
start with "Deleted" or "Formatted" and have a white background. (Word
doesn't show balloons for insertions.)

You should be able to right-click any balloon and select the
appropriate command from the context menu: "Delete Comment", "Accept
Deletion" or "Reject Deletion", "Accept Format Change" or "Reject
Format Change". There shouldn't be *any* balloons you can't remove.

I'll repeat my statement that deleting a comment (as opposed to a
tracked change) should not remove anything from the document text.
Tracked changes are different:

- If you're dealing with a tracked deletion, accepting the change will
permanently remove the deleted text from the document; while rejecting
the change will restore the deleted text to the document.

- If you're dealing with a tracked insertion, accepting the change
will permanently add the inserted text to the document; while
rejecting the change will remove the inserted text from the document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.