Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Manesh Sadasivan Manesh Sadasivan is offline

Default Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart

Hi,

By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I
open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it,
never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder).

Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that
particular Temp folder (for e.g user
profile/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/new filename.docx) itself got deleted.

is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document
and wanted desperately to retrive that file.

Appeciate your prompt help in this regard...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you cannot find it using http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm
then it is gone.
File recovery software *may* recover it, but I wouldn't count on it.
If all else fails the unmodified document should still be attached to the
e-mail message.