Polly Robinson

Default Change Auto text footer to show only directory & filename

Using Office professional 2003. Want to set up/change an Auto text entry so
that footer/headers shows only the directory and filename, and not the full
file path.
e.g. this - Health & wellbeing\thyroid problems.doc
and not - C:\Documents & Settings\Polly\My Documents\Health &
wellbeing....etc.
Word has Autotext entry for filename or filename & path.
What to do?

Stefan Blom

I'm afraid you cannot do this in Word, at least not via the user interface.
You may be able to accomplish it with a macro, but you'd better ask in a
programming newsgroup for assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Polly Robinson" wrote:

Using Office professional 2003. Want to set up/change an Auto text entry so
that footer/headers shows only the directory and filename, and not the full
file path.
e.g. this - Health & wellbeing\thyroid problems.doc
and not - C:\Documents & Settings\Polly\My Documents\Health &
wellbeing....etc.
Word has Autotext entry for filename or filename & path.
What to do?

Getting Auto Text with F3 with trailing text in document Alan Zarky Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 05 09:30 AM
Change Footer on pg 2 to be different then the footer on pg 1 Ted Microsoft Word Help 5 January 19th 05 05:45 PM
How do I change auto text to include the .Doc after the file name. auto text, filenames Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 10:05 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM