Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cj cj is offline

Default Protect Form issue

I have templates created for a user workgroup that are protected without
passwords. Occasionally they have to edit the form itself, and my habit has
been to include a protect form icon in the template on the toolbar so they
can "unlock" the form, make their edits, protect it back, and then fill in
the form.

All has been working until very recently. Now the icon is nonfunctional
(grayed out). They can still unprotect the form from Tools menu, but the
icon was easy and they'd like to continue using it. I can't seem to get
around it at all.

Does anyone know if a recent hotfix or update could be affecting Word in
this way? Any ideas as to how I might solve the problem?