Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jo Anne Jo Anne is offline

Default I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice

Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might
want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what
passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if
there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the
passive voice check?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't mention what version of Word you are using, but the following are
for 2003 and prior, but should still indicate where to go in 2007.
Tools, Options, Spelling and Grammar tab, Settings button, scroll down to
Styles section, uncheck the Passive Sentences check box.

Hope this helps
DeanH