Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John B John B is offline

Default Word 2007 Document Preview

I'm running Word 2007 on Windows 7. I have Document Preview on. When I select
File, Open, and then highlight any doc or docx file, the preview pane
displays "This file can't be previewed because of an error in the Mcirosoft
Office Word Previewer". I have applied SP2 for Office 2007.

Version on the Winword.exe properties is 12.0.6514.5001.

If I use Windows Explorer, I can preview files without issue.

How can I get Word to Preview files correctly?

--
John B ADNET Technologies
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you tried repairing your installation? From within Word, click the Office
button, and then click Word Options. In the Resources category, click Diagnose.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP