Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SS[_2_] SS[_2_] is offline

Default error in word document

Every so often I get a message that word has to shut down due to some error,
unfortunately I havent managed to get details of the error.

This started a few nights ago after my wife used my PC so suspect maybe
something she has done.

Is there anything I can do or try to correct this, at least until I can try
and get the error message.

What happens is I am typing away and the out of the blue it `errors` and has
to shut down and I lose most of the work.
It does not appear to happen every time.

Any guidance apprecitaed.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

While others are figuring out what went wrong, remember to Save your
work very frequently -- at least at the end of every paragraph, type
Ctrl-S. Then the next time it happens, you'll lose very little.

On Apr 29, 11:25*am, "SS" wrote:
Every so often I get a message that word has to shut down due to some error,
unfortunately I havent managed to get details of the error.

This started a few nights ago after my wife used my PC so suspect maybe
something she has done.

Is there anything I can do or try to correct this, at least until I can try
and get the error message.

What happens is I am typing away and the out of the blue it `errors` and has
to shut down and I lose most of the work.
It does not appear to happen every time.

Any guidance apprecitaed.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline