Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Takka Takka is offline

Default How do I break up a group of stories into separate files

I have written a number of stories one after the other all are contained in
one file.
I want to separate them into one story per file.

Takka
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

How are they divided in the document? What unique characteristic defines the
start or end of each 'story'?

"Takka" wrote in message
I have written a number of stories one after the other all are contained in
one file.
I want to separate them into one story per file.

Takka

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I would create three copies of the file, and not edit the total file (just
in case). Delete stories 2 and 3 from the first, 1 and 3 from the second,
and 1 and 2 from the third. Make sure you give each file a unique name and
you're done.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Takka" wrote in message
I have written a number of stories one after the other all are contained in
one file.
I want to separate them into one story per file.

Takka

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Takka" wrote in message
I have written a number of stories one after the other all are contained in
one file.
I want to separate them into one story per file.

Takka

Problem merging into separate files GeorgeA Mailmerge 1 January 7th 10 07:19 AM
how to separate .doc and .docx files into separate folders JOHN New Users 2 March 28th 08 11:10 AM
Break out Index fields ( {xe ) into separate field in Excel or Acc Rae Lynn Tipping Microsoft Word Help 6 September 26th 06 12:04 AM
merge to separate files Pete Mailmerge 4 January 10th 06 06:52 AM
How do I break my table into separate pages Tonyairlie Microsoft Word Help 1 August 28th 05 10:43 PM