david_alex_smith

Default Numbered List Button.

Hello,

My problem is that, when trying to use the numbered list button on the
toolbar, it sets the selected text to Heading 1 style.

I'm developing a new template and it is pretty clean at the moment.

Any idea how to stop this?

Can I specifiy a style for the numbered list button? Can anyone tell me more
about what exactly that button does.

Thanks.
david_alex_smith

I've researched this problem further (am using Word 2003 btw).

It seems like the numbered list button sets the current selection to the
outline list style last used by the user. This seems to be bad interface
design to me.

I eventually decided to write a macro to set the selected text to my own
defined numbered list style.

Then added a new button for this macro and removed the default one.

Dave.

david_alex_smith

Thanks Suzanne,

This has just got me out of a few security issues I was having with the
macros.

Dave.