Tony D

Default how can I require users to use Keywords in Word docs?

in our office we're thinking of using Keywords to help us identify documents
in years to come. We need to be able to require users to enter Keywords for
any document they create, otherwise if they don't then the project will not
be worth doing.

Any ideas how I can set this up?

We currently use Word 2002 sp3 on XP Pro sp2 machines

At the very least, ensure that users have "Prompt for document properties"
enabled on the Save tab of Tools | Options. Note that users will *not* get
the prompt if they Save As, so they need to be using templates properly, not
using documents as "templates." If you can go from there with just user
education, so much the better. If not, you'll need a FileSaveAs macro.

"Tony D" Tony wrote in message
in our office we're thinking of using Keywords to help us identify

documents
in years to come. We need to be able to require users to enter Keywords

for
any document they create, otherwise if they don't then the project will

not
be worth doing.

Any ideas how I can set this up?

We currently use Word 2002 sp3 on XP Pro sp2 machines

Graham Mayor

It would probably be necessary to intercept both the FileSave and FileSaveAs
functions in order to force the users to fill data fields. Probably the best
bet would be to add a userform to the save functions in the document
template that forces the user to fill the information you require before
proceeding to saving the document. There is a lot of information about
userforms on the MVP web site.