Martin P

Default Search/replace entire document, excluding one style

You could use Edit, Replace to change code strings to bold, then change
double spaces that are not bold to single spaces, and finally changing bold
to not bold.

"BerkeleyBecca" wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Word 2002, and I need to search my documents for double spaces and
replace them with single spaces -- except in code strings, where multiple
spaces crop up frequently and must be preserved. The quickest thing to do
would be to set up a search that looks for everything except "codestyle."

Is there a simple way to do that?

Klaus Linke

Hi Becca, Martin,

You could use Edit, Replace [...]

Changing the "codestyle" style temporarily could also achieve the same.=20

Any formatting that's unique should do...=20
I often use "double underlined" since it's unlikely to appear, and I can =
use the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+D twice in the "Edit Find" dialog to =
search for "not double underlined".

Greetings,
Klaus

"Martin P" schrieb im Newsbeitrag =
You could use Edit, Replace to change code strings to bold, then =

change=20
double spaces that are not bold to single spaces, and finally changing =

bold=20
to not bold.
=20
"BerkeleyBecca" wrote:
=20
Hi,=20
=20
I'm using Word 2002, and I need to search my documents for double =

spaces and=20
replace them with single spaces -- except in code strings, where =

multiple=20
spaces crop up frequently and must be preserved. The quickest thing =

to do=20
would be to set up a search that looks for everything except =

"codestyle."=20
=20
Is there a simple way to do that?