Marcel Mason

Default Document Properties - Category & Keywords menu

We have tens of thousands of documents (primarily Word docs) that we would
like to move into our new SharePoint Portal Server, unfortunately very few of
the document authors have, over the years, bothered to fill in any document
properties.

Give the nature of the organization (multiple departments with multiple
responsibilities) and the high (for us) number of documents we would like to
make this as easy on the portal user as possible to enter document property
information prior to moving it into the portal by having categories and
keywords available from a menu as opposed to us sending around a list of
categories and keywords to each user and having them open the document,
retype the info, and resave the document.

Now for the questions......

Is this possible?
Could it include multiple categories?
Could it include multiple keywords?
If so could someone point me in the direction of a good how-to?

Many thanks

Marcel

Doug Robbins

I would create a userform that contained comboboxes with the available
options and a command button with wrote the selected data to the Document
Properties

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Marcel Mason" wrote in message
[...]

Doug Robbins

This should get you started

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm