Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
donna-LexusWebs

Default How can I save each merged Word doc to a separate file?

Does anyone know how I can save each of my newly created (from a merge)
documents as separate files in Word 2003? OR does anyone know how to change
the way subdocuments are named when saved to include all of the contents of
the field selected as subdoc title (as opposed to "just the first few
characters")?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

As you are using Word 2003, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate Files"
that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will allow you
to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken from a field
in the data source with a minimum of fuss. You can also use it to create
..pdf files if you have the full version of Acrobat Reader.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP