Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
azevon azevon is offline

Default Can't print multiple mail merge pages to different trays

Greetings All,

I have a user who has merged a 142 page mail merge document. Technically
this is a 2 page document, so there are 71 different recipients. She wishes
to print page 1 and 2 on different trays, all 142 pages. So pages 1,3,5 ,etc
will be using tray 1 while 2,4,6 will be using tray 2. When she prints,
pages 1 and 2 do come out on their respective trays (2 and 3), but then page
3 sticks on tray 3, page 4 goes to tray 3, etc. How do I get it to
consistently alternate from tray 2 to tray 3?

Thanks in advance,

-andy-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

*In theory*, if you have the mail merge main document set up to use Tray 1
for the first page and Tray 2 for "Other pages," this setting will be
transferred to each section of the merged document (each letter is a
separate section). Judging from the number of questions we get about this,
however, it apparently doesn't always work as advertised.