Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn[_2_] Dawn[_2_] is offline

Default Quickparts - text formatting

I just created some quickparts/autotext items. When I insert them, they keep
the formatting of the original autotext. Is there any way to make the
autotext "match destination formatting" similar to copy-and-paste? Or maybe
make the autotext have no formatting so it uses the "normal" style from the
document you are working in? The help files say that if you don't save the
paragraph mark the building block will use the formatting of the surrounding
paragraph, but that doesn't seem to be true. Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Before creating the AutoText/Building Block, make sure that no direct font
formatting has been applied. You can do that by selecting the text from
which you are creating the AutoText and pressing Ctrl+SpaceBar (clears font
formatting not in style). Then create the AutoText.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn" wrote in message
I just created some quickparts/autotext items. When I insert them, they
keep
the formatting of the original autotext. Is there any way to make the
autotext "match destination formatting" similar to copy-and-paste? Or
maybe
make the autotext have no formatting so it uses the "normal" style from
the
document you are working in? The help files say that if you don't save
the
paragraph mark the building block will use the formatting of the
surrounding
paragraph, but that doesn't seem to be true. Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help! :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn" wrote in message
I just created some quickparts/autotext items. When I insert them, they
keep
the formatting of the original autotext. Is there any way to make the
autotext "match destination formatting" similar to copy-and-paste? Or
maybe
make the autotext have no formatting so it uses the "normal" style from
the
document you are working in? The help files say that if you don't save
the
paragraph mark the building block will use the formatting of the
surrounding
paragraph, but that doesn't seem to be true. Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(But if the Chinese IME is enabled on your computer, Ctrl-Spacebar
switches you to Chinese, and this can't be overridden. Use Ctrl-Shift-
Z to clear font formatting.)

"Dawn" wrote in message

I just created some quickparts/autotext items. *When I insert them, they
keep
the formatting of the original autotext. *Is there any way to make the
autotext "match destination formatting" similar to copy-and-paste? *Or
maybe
make the autotext have no formatting so it uses the "normal" style from
the
document you are working in? *The help files say that if you don't save
the
paragraph mark the building block will use the formatting of the
surrounding
paragraph, but that doesn't seem to be true. *Ideas?-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's annoying... On the other hand, conflicting or at least different
built-in keyboard shortcuts is probably a common issue with localized
versions of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP