Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJA

Default Mail merge with .JPG link

Im using Excell 2000 as a realestate database, I have 50+ rows of property
information including a cell with a photo number (i.e.: 174 means
C:\...Nicon0174.JPG) and I would like to print out "flyers" of each property
for investors. I use Word form with mail merge and want to include the
actual picture in the merged documents. All the other information comes over
from Excel fine. How can I get the actual picture into the merged document?
Thanks, JJA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SkpB?=,

Im using Excell 2000 as a realestate database, I have 50+ rows of property
information including a cell with a photo number (i.e.: 174 means
C:\...Nicon0174.JPG) and I would like to print out "flyers" of each property
for investors. I use Word form with mail merge and want to include the
actual picture in the merged documents. All the other information comes over
from Excel fine. How can I get the actual picture into the merged document?

you'll find steps for including pictures in a mail merge in the Mail Merge FAQ
on my website (special merges section). Basically, in your case, the
IncludePicture field code mentioned would look like this:

{ IncludePicture "C:\\Nicon0{ Mergefield Photo }.jpg" }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicholas Nicholas is offline

I have followed the instructions in the link.

I have a couple of questions for my project.

I am trying to build a photo member directory, ideally, I want to have only
2 columns on 8X11 paper (portait) with unknown amount of records.

1. If, I don't have a picture of the "cat", but I do a generic picture, how
can I get that to populate instead?
2. Also, how do I get this layed out to be in 2 comlums. (and don't have to
create a layout for each record.

Thanks in advance

JJA wrote:
Im using Excell 2000 as a realestate database, I have 50+ rows of
property information including a cell with a photo number (i.e.: 174
means C:\...Nicon0174.JPG) and I would like to print out "flyers" of
each property for investors. I use Word form with mail merge and
want to include the actual picture in the merged documents. All the
other information comes over from Excel fine. How can I get the
actual picture into the merged document? Thanks, JJA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'll let Graham follow up on the specifics, but, to help him help you, do
you want the entire directory to be in two snaking columns, or do you want
each record to be in two columns, one for the picture and one for the
address information? If the former, you just format the mail merge main
document as two columns; if the latter, insert a one-row, two-column table
with your photo mergefield in one cell and the address mergefields in the
other.

http://word.mvps.org

JJA wrote:
Im using Excell 2000 as a realestate database, I have 50+ rows of
property information including a cell with a photo number (i.e.: 174
means C:\...Nicon0174.JPG) and I would like to print out "flyers" of
each property for investors. I use Word form with mail merge and
want to include the actual picture in the merged documents. All the
other information comes over from Excel fine. How can I get the
actual picture into the merged document? Thanks, JJA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming that the Image mergefield contains the path\\filename of the
picture, you should be able to use

{ IF { Mergefield Image } "" "{INCLUDEPICTURE {IF TRUE "{Mergefield
Image}"} \d }" "{ INCLUDEPICTURE { IF TRUE "Path\\filenameofdummyimage"}
\d" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.