Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
S Shulman

Default Table Border Visiblity

Hi

I want the border of the bottom of the table to be visible (not every row)
but I also want that the border of the last row of each page to be visible
(as the table stretches over a number of pages)

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Shmuel Shulman
SBS Technologies Ltd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

S Shulman was telling us:
S Shulman nous racontait que :

Hi

I want the border of the bottom of the table to be visible (not every
row) but I also want that the border of the last row of each page to
be visible (as the table stretches over a number of pages)

Any suggestions?

This can be tricky if you are not careful with formatting.

Create the table and format the borders, for example, with only the bottom
outside border.

Start adding rows and text and you will see that Word will automatically
keep the border on every last row on each page where the table overflows.

If later you start modifying the border formatting (adding/removing some
inner border or modifying the outside borders, or merging cells, it is
possible that Word will no longer do that automatic bottom border thingy
anymore on that particular table (it has been dirtied in some way by
"inconsistent" manual formatting... so to speak).
In those cases, reselect the whole table, remove all borders and reapply the
outside bottom border and you should see that every last row on every page
where the table stretches has a border.

--
Salut!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shmuel Shulman

Thank you, will try

Shmuel
"Jean-Guy Marcil" NoSpam@LeaveMeAlone wrote in message
[...]

20x20 multiplication table Bob S Tables 2 December 24th 05 02:27 PM
invisible table border rog Tables 2 April 22nd 05 02:35 PM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
paragraph border suppressed in table cell essar Tables 2 March 4th 05 05:08 PM