Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hmorway hmorway is offline

Default How do I make a link from table of contents to a specific page?

I am editing a document for my boss and would like to add a link so that you
can click in the table of contents and jump to the corresponding page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

A standard TOC does this automatically. CTRL+Click the page number.

hmorway wrote:
I am editing a document for my boss and would like to add a link so
that you can click in the table of contents and jump to the
corresponding page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hmorway hmorway is offline

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Do I need to use a table of contents
template for it to work? Where do I click on the page number?

hmorway wrote:
I am editing a document for my boss and would like to add a link so
that you can click in the table of contents and jump to the
corresponding page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

It would appear that you are not familiar with "styles" in a document and how
they make it possible to create an automatic table of contents and the
resulting TOC is linked to the appropriate page. You might find information
that you can use he http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm.