marina

Default Word and Doc protect . Can I insert a choice of std words?

I have created a page in word, with Protect Doc, and protected
the paragraph headings. The text below each heading can vary.
This is for a daily weather forecast, that is then stored in a .txt file and
then sent to a web server.
When I insert the daily variable text is there any way I can have a drop
down window that gives me some standard phrases, such as "Sunny with some fog
patches" or "Rain clearing in the night".

marina

Thanks: Yes I had found this and cannot get AutoT to work in a protected Doc.
I wonder if Excel is a route, or if staying with Word some form of drag and
drop from a second window?

"marina" wrote in message
I have created a page in word, with Protect Doc, and protected
the paragraph headings. The text below each heading can vary.
This is for a daily weather forecast, that is then stored in a .txt file

and
then sent to a web server.
When I insert the daily variable text is there any way I can have a drop
down window that gives me some standard phrases, such as "Sunny with some

fog
patches" or "Rain clearing in the night".

You could use it in an unprotected section of a protected form.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/AutoTextList.htm for

one
method, but it probably won't work in a protected document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.