DESPERATE

Default Page Numbering

I am using Microsoft Word. In document there are tables and figures as well
as text. Page numbers are top right. After a table that is landscape, page
numbers do not run onsecutively. Skips two page, i.e. goes from 34 to 37.
Again jumps from 40 to 42. HELP. I need to edit and process document
quickly. Fairly new at using WORD.
Andrea Jones

It sounds like your document is split into sections. Click on View - Header
and Footer, click on the Next Header icon (arrow pointing right on the
headers and footers toolbar) until you get to the section where the page
number problems are occurring. Click on the page number box and then click
the Format Page Number icon. Make sure the starting page number is correct
(the page numbers were probably turned off on the landscape section), the
number should be the number you would like displayed on the first page of
that section. Alternatively, you can click the bullet to continue from the
previous section if you don't want to force the page number to be a certain
value.
See http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/wordpagenum.htm and
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk/wordheader.htm for more information.

Andrea Jones