Bijan Kianifard

Default Problem in displaying inserted picture

Hi,

I'm using office XP. When I insert a picture in a word document I will see
it at the moment, but when I scroll the document up or down (for example to
the next or previous page) I won't see the picture again unless I close and
open the document again. Of course after this I will have the same problem
again. What is the cause of this problem and work around about it?

Thanks in advance
Bijan
Shauna Kelly

Hi Bijan

The two main causes of this are insufficient memory, or an inappropriate
graphics driver.

If you are running lots of memory-intensive programs, try closing them all
down except Word. If that solves the problem, then you know why.

Alternatively, try updating the graphics and screen drivers from the
websites of the manufacturers of your video card and/or monitor.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Bijan Kianifard" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I'm using office XP. When I insert a picture in a word document I will see
it at the moment, but when I scroll the document up or down (for example
the next or previous page) I won't see the picture again unless I close
and
open the document again. Of course after this I will have the same problem
again. What is the cause of this problem and work around about it?

Thanks in advance
Bijan

Graham Mayor

This appears to be attributable to the graphics driver with recent ATI
display adapters and the Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
causing particular problems.

In the case of the latter, the latest driver
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...ProductID=1764
appears to fix the problem. DON'T TRY TO USE THIS DRIVER WITH ANY OTHER
CHIPSET/ADAPTER.

If you have the problem with a different display adapter and are sure you
are using the latest driver, then try reducing the display's hardware
acceleration.