Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenda from Michigan Brenda from Michigan is offline

Default Long Path/Filenames

On occassion I have users who are having trouble opening or saving a Word
document. Research determines they have extremely long path and or filenames
on a network drive. However, the reported behavior is inconsistent - one
person gets an error, can't save a file, can't open a file, etc., but other
people in the work area with idential setups and PC configurations have no
trouble. Generally they believe me when they save the file to their desktop
to use it and the problems cease.

Does anyone know of any documentation that addresses the issue of long paths
on network drives? Thank you.

LukasKadrow LukasKadrow is offline
Banned

Post

Long Path Tool Can help you solve this problem. Download it at longpathtooldotcom
getlinkz getlinkz is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda from Michigan View Post
On occassion I have users who are having trouble opening or saving a Word
document. Research determines they have extremely long path and or filenames
on a network drive. However, the reported behavior is inconsistent - one
person gets an error, can't save a file, can't open a file, etc., but other
people in the work area with idential setups and PC configurations have no
trouble. Generally they believe me when they save the file to their desktop
to use it and the problems cease.

Does anyone know of any documentation that addresses the issue of long paths
on network drives? Thank you.

hello
this issue can be solved, you need to short the name of your document file or use a tool that solve long path problem.
tool is long path ....
use it and solve your problem.

Path and filenames in footers jabrbm Microsoft Word Help 5 September 26th 08 02:28 PM
I cannot see filenames in Open File Dialog Box because of long pat Ram Microsoft Word Help 2 February 7th 08 11:31 AM
Long filenames Jane Ugilt Microsoft Word Help 1 May 11th 07 03:22 PM
Filenames MGD Microsoft Word Help 1 April 9th 07 11:47 AM
long filenames in 'Save as' dialogue box pencil Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 05 09:29 PM