Bob

Default Need Symbol to Indicate a Space in a Computer Address String

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?
Barb Reinhardt

Are you talking about something like this? ^ This character is above the
6 on my keyboard.

"Bob" wrote in message
When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?

Bob

Thanks for taking the time to reply Barb, but no, I'm looking for that
symbol, however, want to insert it at the bottom of the line the way you
would if you were handwriting a string.

"Bob" wrote:

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?

Bob

Thank you Suzanne for your response. No, not exactly what I'm after. I want
the insert carat that is on the bottom of the line specifically like when you
handwrite a string or edit a document. It must exist somewhere, but have
been unable to locate it. Thanks again ... Bob

"Bob" wrote:

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on

it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?

Jay Freedman

Hi Bob,

In the Insert Symbol dialog, set the font to Lucida Sans Unicode. In
the lower right, make sure the "from" dropdown is set to "Unicode
(hex)", and enter 2227 in the "character code" box. The character is
usually used as the logical AND symbol, but I think it's what you're
looking for.

You can click the Shortcut button in that dialog to assign a keyboard
shortcut to the symbol.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Bob" wrote:

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on

it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?

Are you talking about the caret used in copyediting/proofreading to indicate
an insertion? For that purpose I suppose you could use the Shift+6 ^
character and just lower it (Format | Font | Character Spacing). Or use
character 2038 in Arial Unicode MS, which is a dropped caret.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Underline characters are often used in place of spaces, but that doesn't
sound like what you're describing.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bob" wrote:

When typing a string e.g. rm(space)fn, eg. where can I find the

symbol
indicating a space that looks like a greater than sign "" turned on

it's
open end and placed at the bottom of the line?

If the Arial Unicode MS character is "just what you were looking for," just
use it with caution, keeping in mind that Arial Unicode MS is not installed
by default on all systems (though available to all Windows users). You might
need to embed the font, specifying just the characters in use.