Spreadsheet Solutions

Default Help on creating odd / even sections in word.

Dear NG-ers;

I'm currently writing a book on working with Excel and find myself lost when
having to include sections in my document.

Say this books has 10 chapters.
For each chapter, I want the headers on the odd and even page to be
different.

The header on the even page always holds the title of the book, except for
when the chapter end with an odd page.
Then the last even page -the page before the new chapter- is empty.
The header on the odd page must hold the title of the chapter, except for
the first odd page; that header is empty.

Now I know how to work with sections in general and how to insert odd and
even section-breaks, but this I can't bring to life.

Who wants to help me.

Mark.
--
Rosenkrantz Spreadsheet Solutions
Witkopeend 24

Margaret Aldis

Check the 'Different odd and even' box in File Page Setup Layout.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Spreadsheet Solutions" wrote in message
[...]

Daiya Mitchell

I think you might also want to turn on First Page Headers, to keep the first
page of each section empty.

On 2/17/05 2:21 AM, "Margaret Aldis" wrote:

Check the 'Different odd and even' box in File Page Setup Layout.

You will need to check both "Different first page" and "Different odd and
even" on the Layout tab of Page Setup. Put the appropriate text in the Odd
Page Header and Even Page Header and leave the First Page Header blank. Note
that you can use a StyleRef field to put your chapter title in the Odd Page
Header; that way you don't have to change the header in every section.