KFain

Default Auto complete problem

I now have Word 2002, upgraded from Word 2000. In Word 2000 I was able to do
auto complete where the word I was typing completed in whatever font I was
working on AT THAT TIME in that document. Now, all my autocomplete words are
completing in the font that they were created in. For example, if I'm tying
in 12pt. times roman and created an auto text entry in 15 pt. arial, when I
hit the enter key, it will come up in the arial font. Any ideas how to
adjust this to adapt to my current font used in the document?
Shauna Kelly

Hi KFain

The general rule is this: if, when you save an AutoText, you include the
end-of-paragraph marker, then Word will save formatting with the AutoText.
If you save only the text, and omit the end-of-paragraph marker, then Word
will save only the text in the AutoText.

To see the end-of-paragraph marker, click the ¶ button on the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"KFain" wrote in message
I now have Word 2002, upgraded from Word 2000. In Word 2000 I was able to
do
auto complete where the word I was typing completed in whatever font I was
working on AT THAT TIME in that document. Now, all my autocomplete words
are
completing in the font that they were created in. For example, if I'm
tying
in 12pt. times roman and created an auto text entry in 15 pt. arial, when
hit the enter key, it will come up in the arial font. Any ideas how to
adjust this to adapt to my current font used in the document?

Anne Troy

KFain: Shauna means that you MUST select that "hard return" (end of
paragraph marker) when you create your autotext entry.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com