Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default insert table caption in right-to-left language

I am using a right-to-left language, Farsi. When I insert a Table caption,
the number appears to the right of text, either in caption or in the text
when I perform a cross-reference to that caption. But the number should
appear to the left of text. How can I solve this issue?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I can see using some very simple experiments, in Word 2003
a. if the caption is in a RTL paragraph, the sequence number always appears
on the left of the label. In a LTR paragraph, it always appears on the
right.
b. However, if you make a cross-reference to the caption,
- if the label is in a LTR script, the number always appears on the
right
- if the label is in a RTL script, the number appears on the left in a
RTL paragraph and on the right in a LTR paragraph.

I do not use these facilities myself so this may not be the whole story.

I cannot see any obvious way to format the references so that they behave
differently. To have more control over the sequence you would probably have
to separate the label and the number, bookmark them separately, and use
separate references to each part of the caption.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk