Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Louie

Default tables in Word XP

I have a two page document. The first page has a table that uses the top
half of the first page.
The second page is the same. I want to insert text underneath each table but
the curser won't go outside the table. How can I insert the text? Any help
will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

What happens if you press Right Arrow in the last cell of the first table?
There should be an empty paragraph between the tables. If not, either the
table itself is wrapped, or it is in a text box, or the two tables are
actually one, with the rows on the second page placed there by row
formatting such as "Page break before" or "Keep with next." If the last is
true, then put the insertion point in the first row of the second table,
right-click, and choose Split Table (or choose Split Table from the Table
menu), which will insert an empty paragraph.

If the table is wrapped , you may want to unwrap it. Select the first table,
right-click, choose Table Properties, and, on the Table tab, make sure that
wrapping is set to None. If it's in a text box, set the wrapping on the text
box to Square, which will put the paragraph it is anchored to above or below
it and allow you to create other text paragraphs that will not be behind the
table.

FWIW, it is a lot easier to determine what you're dealing with if you have
nonprinting characters and text boundaries displayed; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm