LAP

Default split screen between two documents in word

in word xp how can you split the scrren to see and edit two documents are the
same time
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 1 May 2005 15:07:05 -0700, LAP
wrote:

in word xp how can you split the scrren to see and edit two documents are the
same time

There are a couple of ways, depending on how you set the "Windows in
Taskbar" option at Tools Options View.

- If the option is checked, each document is given a complete Word
window, including menus and toolbars, and each has a separate icon on
the Windows taskbar. Minimize everything except the two document
windows, right-click the taskbar, and choose Tile Vertically or Tile
Horizontally.

- If the option is unchecked, each document gets a child window within
the parent Word window, with only one set of menus and toolbars.
Usually one of the child windows is maximized and the others are
hidden behind it. On the Window menu, select Arrange All to make the
two documents appear in the top and bottom halves of the window. If
you want them side-by-side, you can drag the corners of the child
windows around to resize them, or you can use the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...Vertically.htm (which
works in Word 2002 as well as Word 2000).

If you upgrade to Word 2003, there's a new item on the Window menu,
Compare Side by Side, which tiles the documents vertically and also
gives you simultaneous scrolling of both windows.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman