Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default How to Convert MS Word document data to HTML format

Hi ?B?QXRpdCBQdXJhbmk=?=,

I have a ActiveX control which is used as container for hosting MS Word
documents. I am saving this Word document to my database (SQL 2000) with
custom functions and reload this document into the container as a Word
document. This works fine but I have another utility where I need to display
this Word document in html format where it gives me problem by displaying the
garbage data. My programming environment is with VB6, SQL 2000 and XML for
parsing data.

If you have any idea regarding how to convert MS Word document data to
native HTML format (as rendered html tags) then please let me know with any
code, links, document etc.

Use the FileSaveAs method to save the document as an HTML file. If you need to
open this in the Word applicatoin displaying the HTML tags (can't be sure from
your problem description), then open it explicitly as a text document (so that
it doesn't try to convert back to a Word document on-screen).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi,

I am having same problem. However I am using PHP and MySql databse. So
if you get any idea about this, Please let me know

Thanks!

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
multiple docs, one data source kp Mailmerge 12 January 31st 05 04:41 PM