Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Default Word 2007 Format for Frequently Asked Questions

I am creating a Word document for FAQ's. I'd like to add a link on the
question text so that it links to another location (answer) in the document,
like the FAQ's on this site. I've read the help section for adding hyperlink
and headings, but it is not linking the way I want.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Without telling us exactly what way it links and what way you want it to
link, it's a bit hard to help you.

In-text linking basically consists out of two parts:
- the text to link to: this text (or the start of it) should have a bookmark
assigned to it.
- the text to link from: this is a hyperlink where you select "Place in This
Document" and then you the appropriate bookmark for the list of bookmarks.

Yves

"Deb" wrote in message
I am creating a Word document for FAQ's. I'd like to add a link on the
question text so that it links to another location (answer) in the
document,
like the FAQ's on this site. I've read the help section for adding
hyperlink
and headings, but it is not linking the way I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deb deb is offline

Yes! This is very helpful. Is it possible set it up to follow the link by
simply clicking on the From: to get to the To: rather hovering over it and
ctrl+ click to follow the link?

"Deb" wrote:

I am creating a Word document for FAQ's. I'd like to add a link on the
question text so that it links to another location (answer) in the document,
like the FAQ's on this site. I've read the help section for adding hyperlink
and headings, but it is not linking the way I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your best bet would be to apply a heading style to the question (in the
document preceding the answer) and then add a TOC at the beginning.

http://word.mvps.org

"Deb" wrote in message
I am creating a Word document for FAQ's. I'd like to add a link on the
question text so that it links to another location (answer) in the
document,
like the FAQ's on this site. I've read the help section for adding
hyperlink
and headings, but it is not linking the way I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Not sure, but I would guess not. You are inside a word editor. If simply
clicking on the link would move you away to another part of the document,
how would you expect to be able to type where the link is?

Yves

"Deb" wrote:

I am creating a Word document for FAQ's. I'd like to add a link on the
question text so that it links to another location (answer) in the
document,
like the FAQ's on this site. I've read the help section for adding
hyperlink
and headings, but it is not linking the way I want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can do it on your own system by changing the setting at Office Button |
Word Options | Advanced: Editing options, but that won't affect anyone
else's setup. This would be true for a hyperlinked TOC as well. Note also
that if you set up the document with headings as suggested in my other post,
you can use the Document Map to navigate easily (single-click).

http://word.mvps.org