Jonathan Parminter

Default using a form field in an email letter

Hi, I have a drop-down form field in a document that is sent as an email
message.

On screen and in print preview, the drop-down form field is visible.
However, if I then click the email button (send as text) and sent this
document, the recipient does not see the drop-down box and contents.

Why not... more importantly what's the solution so that I can complete this
document using form fields that are visible to email recipients?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-)
--
Thanks
Jonathan
Jean-Guy Marcil

Jonathan Parminter was telling us:
Jonathan Parminter nous racontait que :

Hi, I have a drop-down form field in a document that is sent as an
email message.

On screen and in print preview, the drop-down form field is visible.
However, if I then click the email button (send as text) and sent this
document, the recipient does not see the drop-down box and contents.

Why not... more importantly what's the solution so that I can
complete this document using form fields that are visible to email
recipients?

I believe that the email button is a shortcut for File Send to Email
recipient.

If you are dealing with formfields and locked forms, it would be better not
to use the shortcut and use
File Send to Email recipient (as Attachment)
instead..

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Jonathan Parminter

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

[...]

Thank you Jean-Guy, your response suggests that form fields cannot be
interpretated by the emailer (outlook/exchange). The message is so short that
it seems a lot of effort for the recipient to have to open an attachment to
view it.

Thanks
Jonathan
Jean-Guy Marcil

Jonathan Parminter was telling us:
Jonathan Parminter nous racontait que :

Thank you Jean-Guy, your response suggests that form fields cannot be
interpretated by the emailer (outlook/exchange). The message is so
short that it seems a lot of effort for the recipient to have to open
an attachment to view it.

Word formfields are not designed to be interpreted by an HTML parser.
Then you have to use HTML/Web Controls and assume that your recipient has
set his email manager to read HTML messages.

Use the Web Tools toolbar.

Insert the controls you want, make sure to include an HTMLName to each of
the controls that will represent actual data.
Include a submit button with the following properties:
Action: mailto:email address you want to receive the form.
Encoding: text/plain
Method: post.
(This Submit button does not need an HTML name, unless you want to see it in
the form data.)

You will get back a message containing only the names of each control (Hence
the HTMLName importance) and their values.
You will probably have to open the message with Notepad.... Unless you have
a server that will automatically receive the data, but this is not something
I can help you with... I think that you need more than an email address in
the action properties form something like this to work.

If this is something you really want tot do, with a bit of Googling, I am
sure you would find how to do this in a short time.

--
Salut!