Orrie

Default Cut and paste text from web crashes Word 2003

Hi,

I often need to cut and paste text from web pages into Word 2003 docs, but
find that must first paste the text into WordPad, then cut and paste it
again into Word. Otherwise, Word freezes -- the hourglass appears -- and
once or twice, everything that was open on the computer froze.

I checked the Windows XP Task Manager, and noticed that there were entries
in the Processes list for both WINWORD.EXE and for MSWORKS.EXE. My computer
came with an OEM installation of MS Works, but I upgraded to Office 2003 for
Small Business. Could this be related to the freezing problem?

Is this a known problem, and is there a fix for it?

Thank you.

Orrie