Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Password Length...

I set a password on a Word 2003 document. The password is 17 characters and
is secure (CAPS, LC, NUM, CHAR). I know what I typed (twice). Now it will
not open by that password. I made a backup copy of the document before the
password change, I can get into that one. My question is this... is there a
password length limitation for Office 2003 docs? Is 16 characters the
longest length you can use?

Like I said, I am able to get into my backup copy, so nothing is lost. This
is more of an informational question to keep my sanity.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

M.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

From the Help screen for the Options Security dialog:

Passwords can contain any combination of letters, numerals, spaces, and
symbols, and can be up to 15 characters long. If you need a longer password,
click Advanced.