Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Indra Chandran Indra Chandran is offline

Default Reg. links in MS woord.

Hi,
I am creating a document for my project. In the index, I ve to provide a
lable. On mouseover of that lable it should show, Ctrl+click to follow the
link. what do i need to do to perform this action.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Indra

Indra Chandran wrote:
I am creating a document for my project. In the index, I ve to provide a
lable. On mouseover of that lable it should show, Ctrl+click to follow the
link. what do i need to do to perform this action.

I'm not aware of any features in current versions of Word offering a
hyperlinked INDEX. :-(

This has been discussed over the years in various forums. The big
difference between a hyperlinked TOC and INDEX is, the target for the
hyperlink is very clear and unique in case of the TOC. For an INDEX, the
target is either not unique or the number of bookmarks may raise
dramatically. The following thread points this out:

http://groups.google.ch/group/bit.li...5c885fa7985117

IOW, you'd have to code it yourself or use an existing 3rd party
solution. I remember MVP Steve Hudson advertising for his site with the
slogan: "Want a hyperlinked index?"

Nowadays, his site can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/

Greetinx