Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimRedfield jimRedfield is offline

Default Can you "sanitize" a Word 2007 doc to eliminate hidden info?

I'd like to know that I'm sending out just the text on the page when I send
certain Word docs to others. Password protections that restrict a reader from
seeing certain parts of a doc are, at best, weak, when you're sending
financial info or invoices (not hard to hack). I'm hoping there's a way to do
a Save-As that sanitizes the doc down to just what's visible on the page and
guarantees that nothing else in the underlying file goes along.

Sending a doc as an image of course accomplishes just what I want, but it
makes it inconvenient for the recipient - he can't do a search on the text,
he can't copy and paste from it, and its protection method is a bit 'in your
face,' without subtlety - not what we want with our clients.

Advice/help appreciated. ...and if you know how to do this in Word, perhaps
you know how to do it in Excel too. Thanks in advance. - Jim Redfield