Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Default Not able to scroll down in Word 2003 with mouse wheel

I am no longer able to scroll down a document with my mouse wheel. Is there
a setting that I can change to allow me to do this again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Pat

First, use the Control Panel, find the part that deals with mouses, and see
if there is a setting there that enables you to turn the wheel on and off.

If that doesn't work, go to the website of the manufacturer of your mouse
and download a new driver.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Pat" wrote in message
news
I am no longer able to scroll down a document with my mouse wheel. Is
there
a setting that I can change to allow me to do this again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Hi Shauna,

I don't think it's the mouse since the scroll wheel works in Excel and it
also works in the "Reading Layout" of word. However, in the other layouts,
The Scroll bar on the right does not appear which is normally there.

Pat
"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pat

First, use the Control Panel, find the part that deals with mouses, and see
if there is a setting there that enables you to turn the wheel on and off.

If that doesn't work, go to the website of the manufacturer of your mouse
and download a new driver.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Pat" wrote in message
news
I am no longer able to scroll down a document with my mouse wheel. Is
there
a setting that I can change to allow me to do this again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Pat

Do you mean the vertical scroll bar is not displayed? Then you can turn it
on at Tools Options View.

However, that's not related to your mouse *wheel*.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pat

First, use the Control Panel, find the part that deals with mouses, and
see
if there is a setting there that enables you to turn the wheel on and
off.

If that doesn't work, go to the website of the manufacturer of your mouse
and download a new driver.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Pat" wrote in message
news
I am no longer able to scroll down a document with my mouse wheel. Is
there
a setting that I can change to allow me to do this again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Shauna,

Thanks for your help! That took care of it.

Pat

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pat

First, use the Control Panel, find the part that deals with mouses, and
see
if there is a setting there that enables you to turn the wheel on and
off.

If that doesn't work, go to the website of the manufacturer of your mouse
and download a new driver.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

news I am no longer able to scroll down a document with my mouse wheel. Is