rexv

Default Is it possible to download an upgrade from Word 2002 to 2003?

I would like to upgrade my wife's Word 2002 to 2003 via download, but can
only find secuity upgrades that are downloadable. Where should I go?

Will appreciate any help.

Rex
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:51:01 -0800, "rexv"
wrote:

I would like to upgrade my wife's Word 2002 to 2003 via download, but can
only find secuity upgrades that are downloadable. Where should I go?

Will appreciate any help.

Rex

You can download a trial version of Office Standard Edition at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/default.mspx and then buy a
license online to convert it to a full version. This is the only
downloadable format, and there isn't any download of just Word.

Frankly, I think this is a bad idea if you know you're going to
purchase anyway. You'd spend a very long time downloading, and then
all you'd have is a file on a disk that's going to crash someday. To
be safe, you'd have to burn it to a CD or DVD for backup -- so why not
buy the CD to begin with?

Check one of the comparison shopping sites such as www.pricewatch.com
or http://www.pricegrabber.com. Just be aware that really low prices
are usually OEM licenses, meant to be bundled with hardware and not
eligible to be upgraded again (among other restrictions).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
rexv

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Jay. Your info is helpful. I'll follow up.

Rex