Shadowofthedarkgod

Default Can I create a Hyperlink in my footer?

I'm making a very long document and as such, I want to ease my readers of
browsing a document endlessly searching for an item. I created hyperlinks in
my table of contents page to their respective topics. The thing is, what if
my reader wants to search for another item, do they have to go back to the
table of contents? I want to put a link of my table of contents to my footer
to ease them of dragging all the way back to the top, but it seems that I
can't do that? Is it really possible or do you have any suggestions? And, how
do I keep my hyperlinks from being purple when I click them? Thanks
Stefan Blom

Assuming that you are using a recent version of Word, you can add the
Go to TOC button to the toolbar of your choice: On the Tools menu,
click Customize. Click the Commands tab. In the All Commands category,
locate the Go to TOC button and drag it to a toolbar.

In order to change the appearance of hyperlinks, you can modify the
Hyperlink character style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP