Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Launchnet via OfficeKB.com Launchnet via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Changing Default Print Setting

I have a word document that I have comments showing on the screen. When I
use Ctrl P to print, the Print window opens and the default for "Print What"
is: Document showing markup. This then prints the comments also.

I do not want the comments to print so I select "Document" only and it only
prints the document. How can I set the default to be "Document" rather than
"Document showing markup" ?

Hope this is clear.

Thanks
Launchnety

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The default will always be "Document showing markup" if the document
contains markup and you're in the Final Showing Markup view. If you switch
to Final view, you should get "Document."

"Launchnet via OfficeKB.com" u20911@uwe wrote in message
I have a word document that I have comments showing on the screen. When I
use Ctrl P to print, the Print window opens and the default for "Print
What"
is: Document showing markup. This then prints the comments also.

I do not want the comments to print so I select "Document" only and it
only
prints the document. How can I set the default to be "Document" rather
than
"Document showing markup" ?

Hope this is clear.

Thanks
Launchnety

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Launchnet via OfficeKB.com Launchnet via OfficeKB.com is offline

How do I switch to Final View ? I don't find it.

Thanks for the help
Launchnet

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The default will always be "Document showing markup" if the document
contains markup and you're in the Final Showing Markup view. If you switch
to Final view, you should get "Document."

I have a word document that I have comments showing on the screen. When I
use Ctrl P to print, the Print window opens and the default for "Print

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
Thanks
Launchnety

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Click on the REVIEW tab and in the Tracking section click on the drop down
arrow on the window displaying the view in the top right corner of that
section.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
The default will always be "Document showing markup" if the document
contains markup and you're in the Final Showing Markup view. If you switch
to Final view, you should get "Document."

I have a word document that I have comments showing on the screen. When
use Ctrl P to print, the Print window opens and the default for "Print

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
Thanks
Launchnety

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Launchnet via OfficeKB.com Launchnet via OfficeKB.com is offline

Problem being when you close the document (even after saving in final view)
the next time you open the document the comments are re-displayed.

Any other ideas on keeping the comments, but printing the document only ?

Thanks
Launchnet

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, right-click any toolbar and select the
Reviewing toolbar. (But it should be displayed automatically if the document
contains markup.)

Click on the REVIEW tab and in the Tracking section click on the drop down
arrow on the window displaying the view in the top right corner of that

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Thanks
Launchnety

--
Please take a look at www.openoursite.com Click on: "Keywords" and then
Click on "Matt's Story" and if you are a man, you should be very happy that

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Launchnet via OfficeKB.com Launchnet via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanks everybody. I do use control P and select Document. What I was
looking for was a way to have Document as the default when Ctrl P is done.

Guess I have to live with this.

Merry Christmas Everybody.

Launchnet

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Ctrl+P and change the setting to Document?

Problem being when you close the document (even after saving in final
view)

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
Thanks
Launchnety